Do you want to experience relief from overwhelming anxiety?
Find out the benefits of energy healing.
If you’ve tried almost everything and anxiety still plagues you, here is a short article on how energy healing can help relieve anxiety.
And if after you’ve read the benefits and you still have questions, give me a shout I am happy to chat with you, set up a complimentary initial session, or send further info on how energy healing can help you.
Tips to make beginning meditation easier.
You’ve been hearing of all the benefits of meditation for a while now and have thought about starting a meditation practise, and somehow you still haven’t got there. If this sounds like a familiar story, welcome!
Here are some ideas to help you begin a meditation practise and more importantly have fun!!
- Start easy – remember when you learned to walk? Well maybe you don’t … it started with rolling over, and then crawling, and then pulling yourself up with the aide of the couch or a caring gentle hand. You fell a few times, and sometimes you laughed and sometimes you cried but you kept at it until well…you learned how to run…and jump!! Beginning meditation can be as gentle and easy as this natural human process. Bring an open mind, not an agenda. Let this new thing in your life be for as long or as short as it is, whether it is for 3 minutes once a week or longer and lasts for years. Let it be.
- Be a scientist – not that I have ever been a scientist, the little I do know about scientists is they bring with them a sense of curiosity and observation. They leave judgement behind. Let’s go back to the walking thing…no let’s go back even farther. Before we knew what pain was, or what our bodies were before speech and thought. I’m just guessing here and it could be safe to say that life at that time was a series of sense impulses, sights, sounds, physical feelings, etc. I would like to offer that we didn’t reject or judge these sensations at that point, we simply experienced them. Use your imagination, pretend you have never felt what arises when you are sitting in meditation and see what the light of this new perception does for your experiencing.
- Bring your funny bone with you – a sense of humour goes a long way not only in life but in meditation as well. Life can be so serious, why should your new meditation practise be? Smile when you struggle, chuckle when you find yourself falling asleep, And when you’ve noticed you’ve been thinking for the whole time let out a big belly laugh. There are many techniques for meditation do some research, find one that resonates with you and work with that. And if you find that one worked for a while and now it isn’t change it up, you will find one that sticks.
- Don’t think about it – I’m thinking that most of you, don’t question too much whether you will brush your teeth in the morning…so the same thing could be for your new meditation practise. Offer yourself the same relief from the question “should I meditate today?” would you ask yourself “should I brush my teeth today?” If you are starting slow you can easily find an extra 3 minutes to sit. Once you have created the habit of sitting every day just as you would brush your teeth every day, it will become something you look forward to, as opposed to question whether to do it or not. It is helpful to create a bit of a haven where you will sit, find a spot in your home that is peaceful, where you won’t be disturbed and where you can leave your meditation cushion, stool, or chair so that you can go to it when you are ready to sit. Just as you have your toothbrush in the same place for when you reach for it.
- Take the one seat – here’s a scenario, you’re at the movie theatre and you have been waiting for this movie for a long time, and waiting even longer for the opportunity to get out there and see it. You get your popcorn, you find the perfect seat, that is not too close and not too far away, but pretty much front and centre, you got there early enough to get the perfect seat. Now you are settled and the movie has started, you’re just getting into it and someone shows up and asks to have your seat? What? No! Of course you can’t have my seat! They go away and find themselves something suitable. You are back to enjoying the movie, and next thing you know another person is standing in front of you and they want to sit on your lap!! Well of course THAT is not happening!! So you send them on their way too, and now you get back to the movie…. Ok maybe that is a bit ridiculous! However, when you make a choice to sit in meditation whether it is for 3 minutes or for an hour you take your seat. You allow yourself to sit in the seat and simply “be” to watch the movie, and when things like anxiety, fear, judgement, sadness, etc come to take you from your seat, you simply smile and and say no, and go back to the movie, gently and easily and with a grin. You have given yourself this treat to sit and watch with awareness, enjoy.
If you are interested in some of the groovy scientific research out there on the benefits of mediation check out the link below.
Effects of Meditation on the Brain
Hopefully these simple tips have helped you get over the reasons why not to meditate. To enquire about meditation coaching sessions, or to get in on some group meditation for beginners, go to my contact page and send me your info and I will get you in to the next group happening at Root Wellness in the south Granville area of Vancouver.
Give yourself a break, come back to balance so you can carry on.
Do holiday tasks have you feeling stressed out? Is anxiety waking you up at night?
With a small investment of time you can relieve stress symptoms and get back in the spirit of joy.
Holiday Stress Buster Tips:
- Breathe – seriously. Stop for just a moment take a deep breath in, let it out with a sigh, or a louder sound if necessary like “awwwww” then do it again and again, a minimum of 3 times, each time increasing the exhale so it gets longer and longer. You will feel much better after just 60 seconds!
- Laugh – yup! At the end of a busy day of errands, working, shopping, and getting last minute tasks done put your feet up and watch a comedy, let yourself go, laugh loud and long. Why? Science is proving that laughter truly is the best medicine.
- Feet Up – a very simple and effective posture for the end of a busy day. Simply pick a wall, put a soft folded blanket on the floor in front of the wall and get yourself down there with feet up the wall for 15 minutes. Arms can be on your tummy, or with palms up stretched out beside you. Take slow deep breaths, letting the tension melt into the floor. If this seems to daunting lie on your bed or the floor with feet raised – you will still feel the beneficial effects of stopping and resting. Imagine you are in your favorite place, on a beach, or a picnic in a field of wildflowers. Take a 15 minute vacation!
And if you tried all this and more and it isn’t really doing it for you, get assistance! Energy healing is very effective for relieving stress and anxiety and returning you – all of you – mind, body and spirit back to balance. It is like hitting the “reset” button.
Haven’t tried energy healing? Come in to Root Wellness, which is a holistic wellness clinic located in South Granville for a 15 minute introductory session and experience first hand the benefits it brings.
Click here to book online or call to find out more.
Happy Stress Free Holidays!
We are much more than what we perceive ourselves to be, and it’s time we begin to see ourselves in that light.
It’s quite the conundrum, isn’t it? Our experience tells us that our reality is made up of physical material things, and that our world is an independently existing objective one.
What’s The Significance?
The significance of this information is for us to wake up, and realize that we are all energy, radiating our own unique energy signature. Feelings, thoughts and emotions play a vital role, quantum physics helps us see the significance of how we all feel. If all of us are in a peaceful loving state inside, it will no doubt impact the external world around us, and influence how others feel as well.
Studies have shown that positive emotions and operating from a place of peace within oneself can lead to a very different experience for the person emitting those emotions and for those around them.
The above quotes are taken from a September 27, 2014 article by Arjun Walia posted on Collective Evolution worth checking out if you’re curious! I love seeing the out of the box information that is increasingly making it’s way into our consciousness 🙂
Here is a video from the HeartMathInstitute showing more on this topic
Stay tuned for more on Happiness and it’s effect on our health!!
I walked into the coffee shop I have been going to for some time and behind the counter was a younger healthier looking barista!! He was in his late fifties and he was also the owner of the coffee shop.
I had to know what it was that made such a dramatic change for him so I bought him a coffee and we chatted. He was happy to share his secret…he had been doing The Tibetan Rites! An ancient practise of a series of postures that takes about 10 minutes a day. The results were amazing for him so naturally I went home and looked it up.
Here is a video that I found to be clear and easy to follow along. Enjoy!