Life is all about relationship … with our boss, wife, husband, daughter, father, mother, and even ourselves. I remember the first time I read that statement I found it to be a revolutionary thought. For some reason it hadn’t occurred to me that for most of our waking hours we are relating to someone or something!
The first time I saw the title of the book “Nonviolent Communication” by Marshal Rosenberg it didn’t appeal to me. I couldn’t relate to it, I didn’t have violence in communication with people??
Then a friend was describing to me parts of the book that he had read and what he learned was so valuable for him that in fact he signed up for a workshop with Marshal Rosenberg. After hearing about the tools and techniques in the book I picked it up for my library and have found what I learned from it to be an extremely valuable addition in my toolbox of skills.
- Significantly improve your relationships with family, friends and co-workers
- stay peaceful in the face of judgement, criticism, and anger
- speak, think and listen in ways that inspire compassion and understanding
- break patterns of thinking that lead to stress, depression, guilt, and shame
- discover common ground with anyone, anytime, anywhere